Customer Feedback - Complaints Charter
We’re committed to providing our customers with the highest standard of service. If you have a complaint, we want to know! We’ll address the issue as quickly and as fairly as possible.
You can be sure that we will deal with your complaint fairly, courteously and promptly. We’ll log and fully investigate your complaint and we will rectify the situation in as far as we can, so that it doesn’t happen again. If the mistake is ours, we’ll give you an explanation and an apology.
How can I make a complaint?
- Phone the relevant branch or department.
- Visit your local branch
- Write to the Manager of the relevant branch or department. Please provide your phone number so we can discuss your complaint with you.
- If you contact us in person or by phone, we will offer you the option of having your verbal complaint treated as a written complaint, please let us know.
- If your complaint relates to a Former Northern Rock Ireland product, please call (01) 602 0324.
What happens next?
- We aim to resolve all issues where possible on the spot.
- If the issue requires further investigation we will send you a written acknowledgement of your complaint within 5 business days and give you the name of the person dealing with the issue
- If for some reason we haven't resolved your complaint within 20 business days we will send you a written update.
- In exceptional circumstances, where the matter is not resolved within 40 business days we will write to inform you and let you know when you can expect a full reply. We will also include contact details of the Financial Services Ombudsman.
What if I’m still not satisfied?
We’ll make every effort to agree a fair and reasonable resolution with you. However, if you are not satisfied with our response please contact our Customer Relations Department at:
Customer Relations Department
Tel: 1890 818 700
Fax: (021) 730 4597
You can also email us at CustomerRelationsDepartment@permanenttsb.ie but please remember to send us a contact number if you do.
For general queries please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I want to take the matter further?
You may refer your complaint to the Financial Services Ombudsman for arbitration.
The Ombudsman is an independent adjudicator whose services are available free of charge to customers who have unresolved complaints with their service provider. The Ombudsman will only become involved after the matter has been processed through the Bank’s internal complaint procedures so it is important that you firstly give us the opportunity to resolve your problem.
The Ombudsman may be contacted at the following address: