Get your Overdraft a decision in minutes!
An overdraft gives you extra flexibility when you need it most, so we've made applying for an Overdraft quicker and easier! An overdraft is a credit facility on your Current Account which allows you to access funds up to an agreed limit above your actual balance.
Benefits of an Overdraft
- Security- perfect for any short term cash flow problems due to unforeseen events.
- Peace of mind- once approved, you can access your additional funds any time at an ATM, online or using your Visa Debit Card.
- Reassurance- that you won’t be left stranded for those last few days of the month while you wait for payday to arrive!
- Helpful- use your overdraft to avoid being charged for any missed direct debits due to insufficient funds – it happens to us all!
How do I apply in-app?
- If you're a permanent tsb customer you can apply for an Overdraft on any eligible Current Account* you hold in your own name, once approved, you can apply the funds to your account instantly
* Basic Payment Accounts and Teen accounts are not eligible for an Overdraft
- In-app approval is subject to a minimum credit limit of €500 and a maximum credit limit of €10,000
- For Overdraft applications greater than €10,000 you can still apply in-app and one of our team will call you back to discuss your application.
- To get in-app approval you must be registered for Open24 Online Banking, have a Current Account with us, and have your salary paid into this account.
- To complete your application in app you may have to provide your PPSN (Personal Public Service Number) and upload a Proof of PPSN. Please see acceptable PPSN documents here.
- If we already have your PPSN referenced on file, you will not have to provide the number to us again, however if approved, you will need to submit proof of PPSN
- Your application can only be taken out in your sole name and will be subject to a full credit assessment and affordability assessment.
- A set-up fee of €25 applies (when the overdraft is first used) and an annual renewal/review fee of €25 thereafter (will apply 12 months from the date that the set-up fee was deducted).
- You must be 18 years of age or over to apply for an overdraft with your current account. Overdraft interest will apply. Lending criteria, terms and conditions apply.
Please note: Not all applications are the same and additional information may be required in certain circumstances.
Read the nitty gritty for information on our overdraft rates.
Ways to Apply
- If you’re an existing permanent tsb Current Account customer and registered for Open24 Online Banking, simply log in to our app to apply
- If you’re not registered for Open24, you can call us on 0818 800 905 or +353 1 212 4084 and our team will take your application or they can book an appointment at any permanent tsb branch of your choice
Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.