Our Switch Team is here for you!
We’re always finding new and better ways to bank, and we want to make your switch as easy as possible. So once you’ve submitted your application to switch, our dedicated Switch Team is with you all the way, to help make the switch from your old account to your new Explore Account as simple and straight forward as possible.
What we will do:
- Open your new account, and ensure it’s up and running within 10 working days of the Switch Start Date.
- Call you before your Switch Start Date to make sure you’re ready for the switch, and again afterwards to make sure that everything’s gone smoothly.
- Let your existing bank know that you’re switching.
- Order your Contactless Visa Debit Card(s) for your new account.
- We’ll set up your Standing Orders and your old bank will inform your SEPA Direct Debit originators of your new account details.
What do you need to do?
- Arrange for your regular payments to go to your new account — Fill in a Credit Transfer Form and give it to the people who send you regular payments (like your payroll department in work or social welfare) to get your regular payments transferred over to your new account.
- Double check your Direct Debits and Standing Orders— Your bank will give you a list of these, you just need to double check it and let us know if you think anything’s missing. If you hold a Direct Debit with any companies outside the State, you'll need to contact these companies and give them your new account details.
- Remember to switch any recurring payments that are paid by card, like Netflix subscriptions or your eFlow payment.
- Keep an eye on your account and talk to our dedicated Switch Team if you’re worried about anything not going through.
Your old bank will complete the switching process within 10 working days of the Switch Start Date and we'll stay in touch with you every step of the way to keep you up to date with what's going on.
What documents do I need to switch?
Whether you decide to switch in branch or at home, there’s just a few documents we’ll need from you to keep things official:
- ID verification, like your passport
- Address verification such as a utility bill
- Last 3 months statements from your old bank
- Information about your non-Irish tax residency (where applicable), including Taxpayer Identification Number(s)
Find out more about the required documents.