Earn more with your pocket money
If you’re under 18, our Teen MyCash account is a great place for your pocket money. Plus you can put your own picture on your bank card!
No senseless fees
With the Teen MyCash Account you won’t pay any senseless bank charges.
- No day-to-day transaction charges such as direct debit fees, fees for lodging money and withdrawing cash, or fees for using your debit card to make purchases.
- No quarterly account maintenance fees.
- No foreign exchange charges when you order foreign currency in branch and apply for an exemption.
- Earn 0.50% AER variable interest on balances up to €20,000. A lower rate of interest applies to the entire balance if your balance is €20,000 or over.
Other transaction charges may apply. These charges include:
- ATM usage outside the Eurozone.
- Debit card usage outside the Eurozone.
- Referral fees or unpaid item fees. A referral fee of €5 per item (up to a maximum of €15 a day) will be charged if a standing order, direct debit or cheque is presented for payment and is paid, but there isn’t enough money in your account to meet the debit at the time. A charge of €10 will be applied to your Teen Mycash Account for all unpaid direct debits, standing orders or cheques.
Please see our full Terms and conditions and the Personal and Business Banking Charges booklet for more details.
The MyCash Account is a variable rate account and the interest rate may change from time to time. AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. When calculating AER, it is assumed that the customer holds the account for a year and interest rate remains constant.
On your 18th birthday your MyCash Account will transfer to a personal current account available from the Bank at that time and you’ll be subject to the conditions which are relevant at that time to such an account.
Plus get all the regular banky stuff you'd expect too:
What do I need?
There’s just a few documents we’ll need from you to keep things official:
- ID verification, like your passport.
- Address verification like a letter on headed paper from your school confirming you're a pupil of that school and confirming your home address. The letter must be dated and signed by the school principal / vice principal / teacher or school secretary.
- Proof of PPSN / Tax Reference Number (why do we need this?)
- If you’re under 16 you’ll need consent from a parent or guardian to open a MyCash Account and be issued with a Contactless Visa Debit Card.
See our required documents page for details.
Please note: Any documents provided must be in your own name. If you are unable to provide any of the above documents, please contact a member of staff.
Read the nitty gritty details about applying.