We understand that due to a number of reasons, falling behind on your repayments can happen.
Our commitment is that we will work with you to try to find a way to help make your repayments a little more manageable. So if you are in arrears, or worried that you soon might be, talk to us before a small problem becomes a big one.
It is really important that you get in contact with us as early as possible if you’re concerned. This will give us both the best chance to work together on a solution.
You can call us directly on 1800 855 010 or +353 21 601 3800. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8.45am - 6pm (excluding bank holidays).
You may wish to contact the Money Advice & Budgeting Service (MABS). It is a national, free, confidential and independent service for people in debt or in financial difficulty. Contact 0761 07 2000 (Monday to Friday 9am - 8pm), or visit their website at www.mabs.ie.
What fees and charges could I face?
- A referral fee of €5 per item (max of €15 per day) will be applied if a cheque(s) or debit(s) is presented for payment and paid, but there are insufficient cleared funds in the account to meet the debit(s) at the time of presentation. The referral fee will be applied on that day or the next business day.
- The interest rate applicable to an unauthorised overdraft balance is 12% per annum as well as the authorized overdraft rate of 15% variable. This is 1% per month greater than the current interest rate on your account. Interest accrues daily and is added to your account quarterly.
- A charge of €10 will be applied to your current account for all unpaid Direct Debits, Standing Orders or Cheques.
Warning: Missed payment data will be reported to the Central Credit Register (CCR), as required by law. This may affect your future ability to borrow.
How can I avoid these fees and charges?
- You may be able to avoid some of these charges by keeping your account within the agreed limits. If you are having difficulties doing this contact one of our advisors in your branch or call us directly on 1800 855 010 or +353 21 601 3800 – we want to help.
- You can check your balance online and over the phone through Open24 on 0818 50 24 24 or +353 1 2124101. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am - 10pm (except Bank Holidays) and Saturdays & Sundays 10am - 5pm.
For Small to Medium Enterprises (SME) which are experiencing repayment difficulties, please read our Guide for Small to Medium Enterprises facing financial difficulties (836KB)