What is Carbon monoxide?
Carbon monoxide is a colourless and odourless gas. It is hard to detect and is highly dangerous.
It can be produced by any fossil fuel when burned: coal, turf, oil, gas or even wood and can accumulate through a range of sources, from faulty heaters and a lack of ventilation to burning any fuel in the home.
Did you know?
- On average, 6 people in Ireland die every year as a result of unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning and many more are made ill
- At high levels the gas can kill in less than 3 minutes
Some safety tips
- Ensure your appliances are correctly installed and serviced annually, if you suspect an appliance to be faulty do not use it
- Ensure that rooms in your home containing heating appliances are properly ventilated – never block vents
- Make sure all chimneys are regularly swept and kept clear
- Use carbon monoxide alarms but remember these are no substitute for regular inspection and maintenance of appliances, vents, flues and chimneys
Terms and conditions for receiving your free carbon monoxide and smoke alarm
- Eligible customers are: 1.1 Customers who purchase a qualifying Home Insurance Policy during the promotion period; and 1.2 Customers who have received mortgage approval and successfully apply for a qualifying Home Insurance Policy during the promotion period.
- Qualifying Home Insurance Policies are: Home and Contents Insurance, Contents Only Insurance, Landlords’ Insurance and Holiday Home Insurance.
- Qualifying Home Insurance Policies may be purchased or applied for in branch, online or over the phone.
- Promotion only available where the qualifying Home Insurance Policy is bought (in the case of eligible customers 1.1) or applied for (in the case of eligible customers 1.2) between 10 October and 18 November 2016 inclusive.
- Eligible customers will be entitled to one alarm pack per policy purchased (in the case of eligible customers 1.1) or applied for (in the case of eligible customers 1.2).
- Eligible customers who purchase a Home Insurance policy in a permanent tsb branch will receive their alarm pack at the point of sale.
- Customers who purchase their policy over the phone or online will receive their alarm pack in the post.
- permanent tsb reserves the right to close this promotion before 18 November 2016.
- permanent tsb makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, in respect of the free alarm pack and will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damage howsoever arising from same.