What does the first aid kit include?
Your first aid kit includes bandages, icepacks, cleansing wipes, sterile plasters, gloves, safety pins, tape, sterile dressings, scissors and swabs.
What is first aid?
First aid is the help given to someone who is injured or ill, to keep them safe until they can get more advanced medical treatment by seeing a doctor, health professional or go to hospital.
The role of a first aider is to give someone this help, while making sure that they and anyone else involved are safe and that they don’t make the situation worse.
First aid tips
- Assess the situation quickly and calmly:
- Safety: Are you or they in any danger? Is it safe for you to go up to them?
- Scene: What caused the accident or situation? How many casualties are there?
- Situation: What’s happened? How many people are involved and how old are they? What do you think the main injuries could be?
- Protect yourself and them from any danger:
- Always protect yourself first - never put yourself at risk
- If you can’t make an area safe, call 999/112 for emergency help
- Prevent infection between you and them:
- Wash your hands and wear disposable gloves
- Don’t touch an open wound without gloves on
- Don’t breathe, cough or sneeze over a wound or a casualty
- Comfort and reassure:
- Stay calm and take charge of the situation
- Introduce yourself to them to help gain their trust
- Explain what’s happening and why
- Say what you’re going to do before you do it
- Give first aid treatment:
- Prioritise conditions and then move on to less serious ones
- Get help from others if possible
- Arrange for the right kind of help:
- Call 999/112 for an ambulance if you think it’s serious
- Take or send them to hospital if it’s a serious condition but is unlikely to get worse
- Suggest they see their doctor if they’re concerned about a less serious condition
- Advise them to go home to rest, but to seek help if they feel worse
- Stay with them until you can leave them in the right care
No confirmation or endorsement is given by permanent tsb in relation to any advice or information provided above or on the above website.
Terms and conditions for receiving your first aid kit
By availing of this promotion, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below.
- Eligible Customers are new permanent tsb home insurance customers who purchase a Qualifying Home Insurance Policy during the Promotion Period.
- Qualifying Home Insurance Policies are: Home and Contents Insurance, Contents Only Insurance, Landlords’ Insurance, and Holiday Home Insurance. Qualifying Home Insurance Policies may be purchased in branch, online or over the phone.
- Promotion only available where the Qualifying Home Insurance Policy is purchased between 29 January 2018 and 18 March 2018 inclusive (the “Promotion Period”).
- Eligible Customers will be entitled to one first aid kit per Qualifying Home Insurance Policy purchased. Eligible Customers who purchase a Qualifying Home Insurance Policy will receive their first aid kit from the Nightline courier company within 10 working days.
- permanent tsb reserves the right to close this promotion before 11 March 2018.
- permanent tsb makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, in respect of the first aid kit and will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damage howsoever arising from same.