Check out our terms and conditions for current accounts. Drop by a branch if you have any questions.
Note: This information document applies to you if you have dealt with us at a distance e.g. phone, internet, post. In other words where there is no face to face contact between you and us.
This information is supplied to you in accordance with our obligations under the European Communities (Distance Marketing of Consumer Financial Services) Regulations 2004 (as amended, re-enacted or replaced from time to time). It should be read in conjunction with the terms and conditions applicable to your account as they contain important additional information about who we are, the types of financial services that we offer, our charges and how to make a complaint.
1. Government Stamp Duty will be charged to your account for each cheque book issued to you (currently €20 per cheque book of 40 cheques). As and from January 1st 2016, usage of your card will incur a government charge of €0.12 per ATM transaction capped at €2.50 (ATM Facility) or €5.00 (ATM & Debit Card Facility) per annum per card and will be charged to your account for each Card issued on your Account.
2. There may be additional costs or taxes payable by you which are not paid by us or imposed by us. Your right to cancel the personal current account contract under the regulations
3. If you open an account with us you may cancel that contract in accordance with the European Communities (Distance Marketing of Consumer Financial Services) Regulations, 2004 within 14 days of the date on which we advise you that we have opened your account.
4. To cancel, you should send an email to us at dmdunit@ permanenttsb.ie or write or deliver a letter to us addressed to the DMD Unit, permanent tsb, 56/59 St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2.
5. If you exercise that right you must, within 30 days of cancellation, repay any sums outstanding on your account together with interest to the date of repayment and return any cheque books or cards which may have been issued to you.
6. We will pay to you any credit balance on the account on receipt of notice of cancellation in the manner provided at 4. above.
7. If you do not exercise this right to cancel you will remain bound by the terms and conditions for the account but you will continue to have the right to terminate the account with us as outlined in the next paragraph. Other rights to terminate the personal current account contract
8. You may at any time terminate the account contract by notifying the branch at which you keep your account and by paying the balance outstanding on your account.
9. If you fail to adhere to the terms of the account contract we may terminate the contract by giving you at least 2 months notice in writing.
10. All our dealings with you, and all contracts between us, will be governed by the laws of Ireland.
Provided you have given consent, we will retain and use the information provided by you (whether in the application for the Account or otherwise, and whether you open the account or not) and any information relating to the conduct of the Account (including any personal data) for the purposes of processing the application for the Account, managing and administrating the Account, managing and administering the OPEN24 service (where applicable), for targeted marketing campaigns as outlined in Direct Marketing consent, group reporting and analysis and for updating or creating your customer profile, as well as for any other purpose to which you have consented. Agents, sub-contractors or other companies in the permanent tsb Group may process this information on our behalf. We may disclose the information as outlined in the Bank’s ‘Terms & Conditions and Personal & Business banking charges’ booklet for the facility/facilities under Customer Information.
You have the right at any time to request a copy of any "personal data" within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1988 to 2003 (as amended or re-enacted from time to time) that the Bank holds about you (for which the Bank may charge a small fee) and to have inaccuracies in that information corrected by writing to Data Access Request, Document Management Control, permanent tsb, 56-59 St Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2.
Need help? Our Help and Support section is full of useful information to help you out.
Give us a call, find your nearest branch, or check our opening hours. We're here to help.