Check out our terms and conditions for current accounts. Drop by a branch if you have any questions.
Note: This information document applies to you if you have dealt with us at a distance e.g. phone, internet, post. In other words where there is no face to face contact between you and us.
This information is supplied to you in accordance with our obligations under the European Communities (Distance Marketing of Consumer Financial Services) Regulations 2004 (as amended, re-enacted or replaced from time to time). It should be read in conjunction with the terms and conditions applicable to your account as they contain important additional information about who we are, the types of financial services that we offer, our charges and how to make a complaint.
1. Government Stamp Duty will be charged to your account for each cheque book issued to you (currently €20 per cheque book of 40 cheques). As and from January 1st 2016, usage of your card will incur a government charge of €0.12 per ATM transaction capped at €2.50 (ATM Facility) or €5.00 (ATM & Debit Card Facility) per annum per card and will be charged to your account for each Card issued on your Account.
2. There may be additional costs or taxes payable by you which are not paid by us or imposed by us. Your right to cancel the personal current account contract under the regulations
3. If you open an account with us you may cancel that contract in accordance with the European Communities (Distance Marketing of Consumer Financial Services) Regulations, 2004 within 14 days of the date on which we advise you that we have opened your account.
4. To cancel, you should send an email to us at dmdunit@ permanenttsb.ie or write or deliver a letter to us addressed to the DMD Unit, permanent tsb, 56/59 St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2.
5. If you exercise that right you must, within 30 days of cancellation, repay any sums outstanding on your account together with interest to the date of repayment and return any cheque books or cards which may have been issued to you.
6. We will pay to you any credit balance on the account on receipt of notice of cancellation in the manner provided at 4. above.
7. If you do not exercise this right to cancel you will remain bound by the terms and conditions for the account but you will continue to have the right to terminate the account with us as outlined in the next paragraph. Other rights to terminate the personal current account contract
8. You may at any time terminate the account contract by notifying the branch at which you keep your account and by paying the balance outstanding on your account.
9. If you fail to adhere to the terms of the account contract we may terminate the contract by giving you at least 2 months notice in writing.
10. All our dealings with you, and all contracts between us, will be governed by the laws of Ireland.
In providing personal banking services to you, we need to process personal data about you. This involves asking you for specific personal data, processing this personal data and storing it for a period of time. An explanation of how your personal data is used in the provision of our services to you, our running of the bank and your rights in relation to your personal data is provided in our Data Protection Summary.
Need help? Our Help and Support section is full of useful information to help you out.
Give us a call, find your nearest branch, or check our opening hours. We're here to help.