Teen MyCash Account
If you’re under 18, our Teen MyCash account is a great place for your pocket money. And you can put your picture on your bank card!
Earn interest on your account
You can lodge money and withdraw cash at any time, and you’ll be earning interest on your balance all along. Earn 2% AER variable on balances up to €20,000 in a MyCash Account!
The MyCash Account is a variable rate account and the interest rate may change from time to time. A lower rate of interest applies to the entire balance if your balance is €20,000 or over.
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. When calculating AER, it is assumed that the customer holds the account for a year and interest rate remains constant.
- You won’t pay any lodging fees.
- You won’t pay any quarterly fees.
- You won’t pay any withdrawal fees (unless you’re withdrawing money from ATMs outside the EU or making a non euro transaction).
- You won't pay foreign exchange transaction fees (if you’re making those transactions in a permanent tsb branch).
Don’t search for a place to top up. With a permanent tsb MyCash account, you can top up your Vodafone, O2 or Meteor mobile phone online or by text.
Stand out from the pack. Put your picture on your Visa Debit Card, or choose from our image gallery. In no time at all, you’ll have a card that’s as unique as you are. Find out how to personalise your card
(a €10 charge applies for every personalised card ordered)
Bank your way:
- Bank online: check your balance online, make payments in just one click, and much more
- Branch Banking: call in and say hi!
- Text banking: get a mini bank statement on your mobile phone, and much more
- Find out about all of our ways to bank
All you need for your application is:
- a proof of ID (passport).
- as proof of address, a letter on headed paper from your school confirming you are a pupil of that school and confirming your home address. The letter must be dated and signed by the school Principal / Vice Principal / Teacher or school Secretary.
- proof of PPSN / Tax Reference Number
Please note: Any documents provided must be in your own name.
If you are unable to provide any of the above documents, please contact a member of staff.